Friday, August 15, 2008

What a MESS!!

As many of you know, we have had WONDERFUL rain several days during the past week. Today was really the first day that it was dry enough for Jeremy to cut the grass (or in our yard's case...weeds). Well, as I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the grout on our kitchen floor ( Can I please just take a moment to express how much I HATE ceramic tile! I do not understand everyone's obsession with it. It is hard to clean, and when you do get it clean it still looks dirty. If I ever have the chance to build a house it will not have one inch of ceramic tile or grout!!) Jeremy knocked on the back door to let me know that Tucker, our cute little doggie, had taken the opportunity to roll around in the fresh-cut, damp grass. What does this equal??? A HUGE MESS!!! The picture does not do it one bit of justice. He had grass wedged in every strand of fur on his body. He was actually grass stained. I threw him in the bath tub and grabbed my camera. He was looking at me the whole time like- "am I in trouble or do you think this is cute?" Well, so much for my clean floor and groomed dog (he had just had a visit to PetSmart). I guess that is just how life goes!

3 comments:

deidre martin booker said...

i agree! no more ceramic tile for me either!

Shelley said...

I know what you mean about the tile...we also have them for our kitchen counters!! Like you, next house probably won't have that! :)
Tucker's cute - even when he's muddy!

Tate Family said...

Got the email about Anna Claire today...congrats!!! I know blogging is the LAST thing on your mind, but I can't wait to see her. :)